Completed projects:

roof, kitchen, master bedroom, main bathroom (sans shower tile), fireplace, hardwood flooring, windows, office, front entry, stairway

Ongoing projects:

shower surround, dapping/painting woodwork, ensuite vanity/lights/mirror, painting outdoor trim, finishing front entry tile work, interior door painting and hardware, decorating

Saturday, October 4, 2008

I have time for the house!

I am so excited. Really. I woke up by my internal clock at 7:20 AM today raring to chip away at this monstrous house project. While the coffee was brewing, I went back to my bed to try and brainwash some sense into my head. I can sleep in today! But I couldn't do it. As soon as the coffee maker beckoned me into the kitchen with it's friendly little beeps, off I went.

My most used quote lately is, "I LOVE this bathroom!" That bathroom being nearly done totally motivates me to do more more more of the same. It's so pretty in there. Cody even commented last time, "Mom, I LIKE this floor! It's so soft.." Not sure what that meant as it's cold hard tile but I'll take it as a massive compliment all the same.

So I have this task before me. Actually, many. Just not sure which fork in the road to chose. Shall I gut my bedroom and paint the ceiling and prep the walls to the ensuite? Or should I tile around the shower? Or start boxing my spare room up which holds ALL of the upstairs contents...(where's Vic when I need him for advice?!?)

I need to do all that and more, so it doesn't much matter I guess. As long as I, well, do it!

And just for you advice kinda folks, I'm stressing over the island and need advice. I wanted a simple island with an overhang towards the living room. But we love to sit on the kitchen side of it so I'm thinking I need an overhang on that side too. What will this contraption look like with all these overhangs?!? I'm thinking overdone. But oh so functional. Why form vs. function don't relate well I'll never get. So which way do I go? Two overhangs? Overhangs on three sides but not in the kitchen? I thought my cool idea of a gliding top to overhang however I wish to use it at that given time would be perfect but got voted down by the cabinet place. Drat.

Anyway, time to get off this computer, quit talkin' about what's to be done and actually do it.

I love weekends that start like this. Nothing on the calendar to TELL me what to do. Just, wing it. Cody is with his Dad so I don't even have to stop and cook every 30 minutes. It's all about hacking!

And a happy hacking weekend to all of you!